27 August 2010

2012 Largent Reunion- Republic & Waitsburg Options from Misty

Kathy replies on 27 Aug 10
I am willing to go to Republic. What is the pavilon? Do we really need it or do you think the tents would be fine. What kind of refrigerator space do they have? I don't think Waitsburg would be good. Can you find out more about the kitchen for us? That is the only thing I am interested in, as far as putting up a tent and camping that doesn't bother me at all. I have asked people about the month and time and we have tried June, july and august before and the same ones show up so it really doesn't matter. When are good dates to rent the fairgrounds? We can probably go with what is more convenicent to renting the grounds. Find out those few things for me and think it will work. I like to do it ahead of time too. I did get a note from the campground thanking us so I guess we were alright. Hope to hear from you soon.

Kathy


Misty sends along this info on the Republic Fairgrounds and the Waitsburg Fairgrounds- both of which have served us well in the past.

I am attaching some of the info that I was able to gather on the Republic Fairgrounds and the Waitsburg Fairgrounds. Just so we can compare and see what is out there. I know that several people mentioned at the last reunions that they would like to try to get back up into Republic. It might be a good idea to try it one year to see how it goes. It looks like once you add all the costs up that the two are pretty comparable. I also wonder about sending something out to see what time of year would be best to do the reunion? I know that there are quite a few people that are tied up during harvest. So would a query to the family be a good thing? Or would it present more problems? I am willing to do what I can and I would like to get started on the planning as soon as I can so we have the best options for dates and things. (I like to start early.) So I wanted to check with you to see what you think. Let me know.......then we will figure out what it best. Thanks =

REPUBLIC FAIRGROUNDS

To Rent the Grounds (including the bathrooms and showers)……………………………………… $50.00 per day
To Rent the Kitchen……………………………………………….. $75.00 per day
To Rent the Pavilion……………………………………........ $230.00 per day
Instead of the pavilion, we can also rent one or two of the grounds 20’x 30’ tents for the picnic tables. The tents will cost $80.00 for the entire weekend.
DEPOSIT
There is a $100.00 (REFUNDABLE) deposit for the kitchen. It will be refunded after the kitchen is inspected.
CAMPER FEES
Then for camping:
RVs………………………………………$12.00 per day
Tents……………………………………$5.00 per day
Fees are per camps not per person.

If this is something that we are interested in, we need to call Kathy Lindsey at (509) 775-5225 ext. 2105 from 9:00-11:30 am or at (509) 775-2494 after 11:30 am.






Waitsburg Fairgrounds
Waitsburg Fairgrounds Building Overview
Community Building* - $8.00/hr ($150/day maximum), $30/month non-exclusive
Jockey Room* - $20/day
Track - $15 day, $30/month non-exclusive
Betting Booth (Junior Exhibit Building)* - $15/day
Cook Shack* - $25/day
Softball Fields (Inner Track Area)* - $40/day, $40/night, $50/season (area leagues)
Horse Stalls^ - $50/month/stall, $5/day/stall*
Grandstands* - $15/day
RV Stalls - $15/night, $300/month
Rainbow Building* - $15/day
Portable Concessions - $30/day
Entire Facility for Annual Events - Case by case basis decided by the City Clerk
Deposit
*$50 Deposit required
^$50 Deposit required for the 1st Stall, $25 per stall thereafter

No comments:

Post a Comment